Workable makes software to help companies find and hire great people. We get recruiting and its role in building healthy workplaces — which is why we’re proud more than 20,000 teams around the world use Workable to do exactly that.
And while we take recruiting seriously, we don’t take ourselves too seriously. At Workable, you’ll find smart people who have fun, learn and innovate, and help others do the same. We brainstorm, we laugh, and, occasionally, we party (there’s a lot to celebrate), but we also appreciate people’s need for quiet time and focused work. We respect everyone, we hire the best, and make sure every experience is special.
We’re growing fast, in both headcount and revenue, and we’re looking for a Salesforce Administrator to join our Revenue Operations team!
You will manage Workable’s Salesforce.com CRM system and will be responsible for building, testing and maintaining new and existing custom applications on the Salesforce platform as well as other related applications. You will partner closely with various Revenue Operations team members and business leaders to understand business needs, enhance system functionality with customizations and reporting, provide best practice recommendations, manage user permissions for a range of roles and ensure optimal system performance. You will work within a fast-growing sales environment to ensure core systems are reliable, accurate and optimized for day-to-day use by end-users as well as for the delivery of key insights to leadership.
More specifically, your responsibilities will include:
- Provide system administration support of Salesforce environment, especially related to customized applications, user permissions, security settings, custom objects and workflow
- Perform development tasks as needed
- Create and manage custom objects, fields, formulas, record types, page layouts, reports and dashboards
- Create, manage and optimize complex workflow rules, data validation rules, and approval processes
- Coordinate and support third party Apps (Conga, Conga Sign, LeanData, etc.) integration and upgrades
- Monitor user adoption and provide training, and/or input to trainers
- Manage accounts, roles, profiles and hierarchies within Salesforce
- Upload data into and extract data from Salesforce
- Identify and resolve data anomalies and errors; maintain high level of data integrity daily
- Create and maintain documentation on processes, policies, application configuration and help-related materials for super-users and end-users
- Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities/deadlines including the ability to multi-task and juggle many competing priorities
The ideal candidate will thrive working in a fast paced environment and enjoys problem-solving daily challenges. S/he will have an attention to detail and the ability to multitask. Self-motivation and an inherent sense of urgency are critical.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- 2-4 years of Salesforce.com Administration experience
- Salesforce.com Administrator Certification (preferred)
- A proven track record within sales operations, data management and salesforce administrative support is required
- Experience with large databases and scalable system architecture
- Proven ability to administer and configure Salesforce system (e.g. objects, workflows, validation rules, page layouts, process builders, triggers, security, etc.)
- Familiar with automating business processes, report and dashboard creation and supporting multiple development and user environments
- Proven ability to quickly analyze an issue by identifying root causes and mitigation path
- Possess both technical and functional skills, i.e. capable of interpreting business requirements to technical application. Produces systems and workflow diagrams.
- Experience in Salesforce.com Classic and Lightning
- Experience in VisualForce and Lightning components
- Strong background in Salesforce.com dashboards and reporting
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Strong communication, effective listening and collaboration skills
- Project management and change control skills
As a bonus, the ideal candidate should have:
- Experience with Visualforce, Force.com, third party integrations
- Experience with integrated tools such as: Conga Composer, Conga Sign, Outreach, LeanData, ZoomInfo, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, Atlassian's Confluence and JIRA
- Experience with SOQL/Workbench
- APEX knowledge preferred
- Experience with integrated marketing automation platforms such as HubSpot, Pardot or Marketo
- Familiarity with direct marketing strategy, analytics, database structures and technologies is a plus
Our employees enjoy benefits that make them more productive and contribute directly to the development of their professional skills. We want to be able to attract the best of the best and make sure they keep getting better. On top of an exciting, vibrant and intellectually challenging workplace, we are offering:
- An attractive salary and a bonus plan
- Health insurance plan including dependents
- Mobile telephony including data plan
- Apple gear, and access to the best productivity tools
- Extensive paternity leave
- Fully catered office, including free breakfast, lunch, snacks and beverages all day
Workable is most decidedly an equal opportunity employer. We want applicants of diverse background and hire without regard to color, gender, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, age, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.