Heap has made a fundamental innovation in analytics, and companies like Twilio and Splunk have chosen us over other alternatives because of our "capture everything" approach to analytics. Our revenue has increased more than 3x in the last 2 years, and we're looking for a motivated Senior Accountant to help us scale to $100M in ARR and beyond.
This is an exciting opportunity to manage, transform, and up-level the accounting function. You will be responsible for assisting with the day to day accounting operations including Financial Audits, Month End Close, technical accounting, Treasury, General Ledger, Taxes, Insurance, AP, Fixed Assets and Payroll. We are seeking a positive and adaptive self-starter who will roll up their sleeves.
At Heap, this means you will:
- Play an integral part of the accounting close and reporting process, assuring that month-end close tasks and reconciliations are completed on the assigned due dates
- Prepare month-end journal entries, reconciliations and supporting schedules (payroll, cash, accruals, fixed assets, allocations)
- Participate in and contribute in the financial audit process including preparation of various audit schedules
- Play an active role in process improvement projects including implementation of enhancements to our ERP systems and processes.
- Participate in the ongoing development/establishment of Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) documents for accounting policies and regulations
- Assist in the preparation of GAAP financial statements, including document preparation, data analysis, integrity validation and reconciliation processes
- Process payments to employees and other payroll-related payments as required
- Lead ASC 842 Analysis and implementation
What we’re looking for:
- Ownership: ability to drive projects to completion when starting with unknowns, competing priorities and other challenges in a fast growing environment
- Analytical: High attention to detail, organized with exceptional time-management skills
- Proactive and independent: must be eager to drive best practices, initiatives, and continuous process improvement while always curious and learning
- Audit experience (Big 4 preferred)
- Public accounting experience
- Bachelors and/or Master’s Degree in Accounting or Business Administration
- 3+ years experience in Accounting and Finance roles (ideally a combination of an accounting firm and public accounting)
- System savvy with implementation experience; Netsuite experience preferred
People are what make Heap awesome. Regardless of age, education, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, or any personal characteristics, we want everyone to feel welcome. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive equal opportunity workplace everyone can call home.
Heap has raised $95M in funding from NEA, Y Combinator, Menlo Ventures, SVAngel, Sam Altman, Garry Tan, Alexis Ohanian, Harj Taggar, Ram Shriram, and others. We offer plenty of awesome benefits, and we were named #1 on Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work (SMB). We'd love to hear from you!