At Airtable, we are passionate about how our product democratizes software creation and empowers anyone to “create anything.” Building a remarkable team is a top-level company priority as we go execute on this vision, and we need a world-class Finance function to make it happen! This is a unique opportunity to be part of the founding Finance team where you will have an incredible impact on how we achieve our goals with hands-on support to our team, customers, and vendors.
What you'll do
- Support other daily accounting needs; manage payables and collections, and address vendor, customer and employee requests
- Ensure accurate coding of all transactions
- Key contributor to the monthly close process; prepare journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations, including revenue related schedules
- Manage employee expense reporting process
- Support the monthly, quarterly and year-end financial reporting requirements
- Assist with the annual financial audit process; prepare audit schedules
- Assist with annual and other tax return requests; prepare tax schedules and answer tax inquiries
- Propose recommendations and identify areas to improve accounting policies and procedures
- Execute on ad hoc projects
Who you are
- Highly detail and solution oriented
- SaaS experience a plus
- Knowledge of GAAP and accrual accounting
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with a customer service mindset
- Able to work both independently and collaboratively across functions in a fast-paced environment.
- 3+ years accounting experience required (industry)
- Demonstrable advanced Excel and strong system skills
- CPA and internal controls experience a plus
- Bachelor's Degree
What we offer
- Health care: we have you 100% covered (and your dependents 50% covered) with competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance. You'll also be eligible for a complimentary membership to One Medical Group
- Learning & Development: we offer a $2,000 per year stipend for your personal career development
- Gym Membership: we’re proud to provide employees in our San Francisco and New York offices with complimentary gym memberships to Equinox, or up to $100/month reimbursement towards any other gym
- Catered lunches: we have high-quality catered lunches every day and well-stocked kitchens. We'll also reimburse you for any reasonable food expenses incurred while working
- Generous PTO, sick leave, and parental leave
Airtable's mission is to democratize software creation, similar to the way the Macintosh democratized personal computing. Software is arguably the most important creative medium of the last century, yet most people cannot build their own software. Airtable gives people and companies a “lego kit” they can use to create custom applications on their own, regardless of technical experience.
We’ve raised $170M in venture funding, including most recently a 100M Series C from Benchmark, Thrive, and Coatue.