At Airtable, we are passionate about how our product democratizes software creation and empowers anyone to “create anything.” Building a remarkable team is a top-level company priority as we go execute on this vision, and we need a world-class Finance function to make it happen! This is a unique opportunity to be part of the founding Finance team where you will have an incredible impact on how we achieve our goals with hands-on support to our team, customers, and vendors.
What you'll do
- A key contributor to the order to cash process; including reviewing order forms, completing customers’ vendor requirements, generating invoices, and driving the customer collections process.
- Assist with the contract review process, including interpreting contract arrangements and understanding the revenue recognition implications to propose appropriate accounting treatment.
- Assist with the self-serve revenue reporting and booking process.
- Serve as a collaborative business partner to the Sales, Legal, and Finance teams.
- Perform timely completion of all revenue-related financial close tasks and own the related schedules, including deferred revenue and documentation.
- Draft and maintain process documentation for the order-to-cash process
- Propose policy, procedures and systems improvements particularly related to revenue related processes.
- Assist with data preparation for external and management reporting requirements including the annual financial audit process
- Assist with sales tax return requirements; prepare tax schedules and answer tax inquiries
- Execute on ad hoc projects
Who you are
- You have at least 3 years of relevant accounting experience, including in public accounting.
- You have an understanding of GAAP accounting including ASC 606, ASC605, ASC-340-40
- This role is all about the details. You need to juggle many different tasks, ensuring they all get done in an accurate and timely manner. You are also passionate about process and organization, continuous improvement, and leveraging systems.
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills. Your approach is clear, thoughtful and customer-focused.
- You are a self-starter with a strong sense of ownership over your work. You not only execute with efficiency and accuracy but also look for ways to improve how we do things.
- You approach new learning experiences with confidence and curiosity.
- You value working together and how you can contribute to the goals and success of the team and company. You have the capacity to work both independently and collaboratively with the team and across functions in a fast-paced environment.
- Preferred: CPA license, SAAS experience, SOX experience, and advanced excel and system skills.
- Preferred: Systems experience with NetSuite, Bill.com, Expensify, Salesforce, Mode or similar systems.
What we offer
- Health care: we have you 100% covered (and your dependents 50% covered) with competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance. You'll also be eligible for a complimentary membership to One Medical Group
- Learning & Development: we offer a $2,000 per year stipend for your personal career development
- Gym Membership: we’re proud to provide employees in our San Francisco and New York offices with complimentary gym memberships to Equinox, or up to $100/month reimbursement towards any other gym
- Catered lunches: we have high-quality catered lunches every day and well-stocked kitchens. We'll also reimburse you for any reasonable food expenses incurred while working
- Generous PTO, sick leave, and parental leave
Airtable's mission is to democratize software creation, similar to the way the Macintosh democratized personal computing. Software is arguably the most important creative medium of the last century, yet most people cannot build their own software. Airtable gives people and companies a “lego kit” they can use to create custom applications on their own, regardless of technical experience.
We’ve raised $170M in venture funding, including most recently a 100M Series C from Benchmark, Thrive, and Coatue.