GitLab is looking for a Senior Brand Designer to join our growing Brand Design team.
At GitLab, Brand Designers are responsible for ensuring strategic, seamless experiences. They work closely with Marketing, Sales, and Product teams to elevate our global brand and optimize the customer journey end-to-end.
What you’ll do in this role:
- Generate clear ideas and concepts in tandem with peers and stakeholders.
- Lead cross-discipline collaboration as it relates to brand experience (Sales, Content, Product, etc.).
- Understand marketing initiatives, strategic positioning and target audience.
- Cooperate with the rest of the creative team across different types of media.
- Facilitate iterative and inclusive design process end-to-end within deadlines.
- Effectively present ideas to clients/team members.
- Stay on top of brand, design, media and conversion best practices.
- Be an advocate for design; educating and enabling others to create on-brand experiences.
You should apply if you have:
- Proven experience designing strategic omni-channel experiences at an agency or technology company. SaaS experience preferred.
- A fluent understanding of brand, marketing and design principles and best practices.
- Hands on experience with logo design, typography, color, web layout design, print production, photography, and more.
- Proficient use of InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
- Demonstrable design thinking and execution skills with a strong portfolio.
- The ability to incorporate feedback and take/give direction well.
- The ability to be a team player
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Project or product management experience.
- Product marketing experience a plus!
- Knowledge of Git or GitLab a plus!
- Technology marketing experience.
- Experience marketing to developers and or software development teams.
- The ability to use GitLab.
- Read about our values, and are interested in working in accordance with those values.
Also, we know it’s tough, but please try to avoid the confidence gap. You don’t have to match all the listed requirements exactly to apply! We value diverse experience, so go for it and submit an application if GitLab sounds like a place you’d like to join.
The culture here at GitLab is something we’re incredibly proud of. Because GitLabbers are currently located in more than 63 different countries, you’ll spend your time collaborating with kind, talented, and motivated colleagues from across the globe. Some of the benefits you’ll be entitled to vary by the region or country you’re in. However, all GitLabbers are fully remote and receive a "no ask, must tell" paid-time-off policy, where we don’t count the number of days you take off annually. You can work incredibly flexible hours, enabled by our asynchronous approach to communication. We’ll also help you set up your home office environment, cover your home internet subscription, pay for your membership to a co-working space, and contribute to the travel costs associated with meeting other GitLab employees across the world. Also, every year or so, we all get together at our Contribute event.
Compensation and hiring process:
Our hiring process, along with the compensation for this position, can be found in our handbook. Please include a link to your portfolio and/or a few relevant work samples for our team to review.
To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find their job title on our team page. Additional details about our process can also be found on our hiring page.