Contentful provides content infrastructure for digital teams to power websites, apps, and devices. Unlike a CMS, Contentful was built to integrate with the modern software stack. It offers a central hub for structured content, powerful management and delivery APIs, and a customizable web app that enables developers and content creators to ship their products faster. Companies including Spotify, Red Bull, WeWork, Lyft, and Urban Outfitters rely on Contentful to manage content as part of their modern web stack.
Contentful is growing rapidly, backed by $80 million in funding from VC firms including Benchmark and General Catalyst, and strategic investors including Sapphire Ventures (SAP) and Salesforce Ventures.
We’re a fun team of more than 200 people from 44 nations, with offices in Berlin and San Francisco. Join us!
ABOUT THE ROLE
Contentful is committed to building all the right things for customers in the right ways, and Design is a crucial part of that picture. To help us nurture our Design practice and bring even more creative, strategic, and organizational talent into the team, we’re seeking an experienced Design Manager. This position will report directly to the VP Product and be responsible for managing a strong and growing team of passionate product designers.
Contentful is a customer-centric platform company that’s passionate and opinionated about content management and delivery within digital teams and leveraging the value content throughout the digital organisation. Help us understand and design the right solutions for our customers.
- Partner with Product Management, Research and Engineering to build the right solutions at the right time for our customers
- Bring a structured customer-centric design approach and proven ideation and iteration process to Contentful that is based on best practice as well as experience
- Establish a thoughtful, customer centric design practice that proceeds using iteration and input from customers
- Recruit and hire new teammates
- Make recommendations about how to best leverage design knowledge and expertise within the teams and more broadly
- Partner with Research and Product Managers to achieve Contentful goals
- Be responsible for multiple work streams and contribute at an IC level when required
- Communicate openly and frequently to teammates and managers about risks and opportunities within the team and product
- Create artifacts that multiply our effectiveness across teams
- Mentor our team of talented, passionate designers and expand their toolbox
- Experience managing and scaling a team
- Demonstrable results of a design practice you’ve helped to nurture in terms of product impact
- Experience working concurrently with the Product department
- Deep understanding of customer-centric design practices and disciplines
- Demonstrated ability to meet goals, deadlines and key milestones
- Join an innovative tech company as we help drive the evolution of digital experiences to become ever-more ubiquitous and interactive. Be a part of helping companies build modern architectures for mission-critical applications
- Shape the future of Contentful: help us establish, scale, and improve our team's processes
- Generous education budget complete with extra days off to be spent on your professional and self-development
- Be set up for success, equipped with the latest and greatest hardware
- Hang-out in one of our many shared spaces, playing games with colleagues or enjoying a full range of events, including workshops, on-site meetups, guest speakers, and fun events for the company and each team. Did we mention an annual off-site?
- Sharpen your PlayStation, ping pong, and kicker/fußball skills during breaks in the day
- As much artisan coffee as you can handle
- Brush up your language skills! Our team speaks more than 20 languages, and we offer free German classes
- Take a break and pat a pup, we are a dog-friendly office
- We fully support your move to Berlin with a relocation budget and visa assistance. We'll help you settle into your exciting new city
- Plus, Contentful socks, oh yeah!
“Variety is the spice of life” — and a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer: all qualified applicants are considered for positions regardless of race, ethnic origin, gender, age, religion or belief, marital status, gender identification, sexual orientation, or disability. We look forward to your application!