Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers, teams, and businesses around the world. We believe that today’s entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about creating products that you and your peers would love.
We are looking for an experienced software engineer that can make a significant contribution to the development of next generation high performance Load Balancers with high availability and proper distribution of loads of traffic. The software you write will drive and enable functionality on thousands of load balancers deployed by our customers. Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Senior Software Engineer will lead the design, development, performance tuning and deployment of new services and products.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Design, implementation, test, systems tuning and optimization of new services that run at scale and solve challenging distributed coordination problems.
- Work with other teams within the vertical and across the company to build the next generation of products and services for our developers community.
- Support existing products and contribute creative solutions to the pain points.
- Help improve our toolings and process to ship robust, high performance and mission-critical parts of the ecosystem.
- Use technologies and tools such as: Kubernetes, Go, Consul, Kafka, SQL, Chef, Git, Jira, Sentry, Prometheus, Lightstep, Docker and what not?
What We'll Expect From You:
- Significant experience with Go, C, C++ or Java programming languages and unit tests
- Significant experience with Linux kernel performance tuning and customization
- Strong understanding of networking and familiarity with network routing protocols.
- Great design and problem-solving skills, with a strong bias for architecting at scale
- Familiar with Kubernetes' internal architecture and operations, knowledge of container technologies and the tools and challenges around them
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Delivery (CI/CD)
- Record of creating sweeping improvements in stability, performance and scalability across major business-critical systems
- Record of automating the steps necessary to deliver high-quality, well-tested, and production-ready software from initial development to ongoing, scalable, production operation.
- Bonus: Proficient with networking in Kubernetes, monitoring and logging
Why You’ll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles and reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC and Cambridge, and offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. We’re also very remote-friendly—we use Slack to communicate across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to take an all-expense-paid trip to our office to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Want to learn more about our Engineering team? Clickhere!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Clickhere to hear from our employees!