At Pocket, our mission is to enable people to consume stories worthy of their time and attention. Our apps and platform are essential ways that over 100M people discover and consume content on the internet.
Do you enjoy planning and executing large and complex software projects? Do you have a knack for driving consensus among teams with conflicting priorities? Can you move seamlessly between discussions with senior level executives and front line engineers? We are looking for a hardworking Program Manager who is committed to delivering great products.
Pocket is seeking a Senior Engineering Program Manager who is an exceptional leader, who thrives in getting into the details and uses their organizational skills to help create a high-performance team. We are looking for someone who has a thorough understanding of web and mobile software development to collaborate closely with product, software engineering, design, research, QA, and other dependency teams to help prioritize, manage, and track work. The position is very hands-on and will require a deep understanding of the product requirements in order to facilitate an efficient, innovative, and fulfilling product development process.
We’re a small team that has the resources and support of a large company. Pocket was acquired by Mozilla in 2017, and together we are committed to an internet that elevates critical thinking, reasoned argument, shared knowledge, and verifiable facts.
Come work with us and make a big impact.
What you’ll do:
- Drive initiatives that span development teams and in some cases product lines.
- Partner with Product and Engineering to facilitate the definition of project scope, goals, and deliverables.
- Detect, communicate, track, and manage program risks and flag problems before they happen.
- Drive on-going process improvements to improve execution and efficiency of the teams within their domain area by pulling from standard methodologies or by inventing something new.
- Act as a conduit of information between engineering and other internal groups (both technical and non-technical) to ensure everyone understands decisions and status.
- Identify stuck projects or programs and drive them forward.
- Negotiate and build consensus across a highly matrixed organization.
- Bring energy and enthusiasm to the team.
What you already have:
- 3+ years of hands-on project or program experience at a startup or tech company.
- Solid experience with a variety of software development methodologies, including Agile.
- Full project lifecycle experience from project inception to go-to-market for consumer-facing web and mobile products.
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills.
- Great attention to detail.
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience working with a geographically distributed team.
- Ability to comfortably communicate with executive management and cross-functional teams.
- Confidence with systems such as Jira, GitHub or similar.
- Familiarity using an OKR framework to track progress.
Learn more on our blog. To learn more about the Mozilla acquisition of Pocket, please visit our blog.
Mozilla is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity throughout our recruiting and hiring process and is dedicated to growing diversity in our workplace.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.