Senior Events Manager EMEA
As a key member of the EMEA Marketing team, the Senior Events Manager will be responsible for leading the Events Programme within the EMEA region. This is a senior role, requiring experience both in strategic event planning and tactical execution of marketing initiatives to deliver tangible results. This role requires the ability to build strong relationships with the cross-functional OKTA team and with peers across the marketing organization
As a Senior Events Marketing Manager at Okta you will:
- Plan, manage and execute the Events Programme for EMEA, fully integrated within the EMEA Marketing Plan, including OKTA presence at flagship industry and strategic partner events and OKTA-led events and executive briefings
- Align with relevant resources to plan and deliver events in EMEA including logistics management, branding, marketing materials collateral, speaker assignment, presentation, lead collection/management and budget control
- Lead, develop and project manage the activities to ensure maximum impact/results through highly professional, creative, timely and cost-effective delivery, including the co-ordination of the required project team (pre- & post-event)
- Bring events to life with customers at the heart of the planning and execution processes
- Lead an end-to-end events programme, establishing a strong voice within the Marketing Team, demonstrating appreciation of the wider marketing mix, and creating strong relationships with key stakeholders at Country, Region, Geo and HQ levels
- Make recommendations that support the success of the organisation by contributing to overall marketing planning strategy and development
- Lead the enablement and ongoing buy-in/support of key stakeholder and project teams
- Lead the drive to improve event programme [including defined series] execution and insights into effectiveness and ROI (as measured by KPI contributions)
- Effectively work across multiple levels of the organisation, and across geographies
- Ensure the appropriate admin, finance, ethics & compliance procedures and systems are in place to support effective planning, completion and delivery on all event projects
You could be a great fit for this role if you have:
- Top candidates will have demonstrated broad-based tradeshow, conference and hosted event management experience within the tech sector.
- Proven success in managing large-scale user conferences end-to-end is required
- The ability to prioritize and manage a complex workload
- Creative and strategic thinking
- Excellent communication skills with strong negotiating and influencing ability
- Strong relationship builder, with ability to build and maintain networks effectively
- Marketing campaign management experience preferable, including focus on outcomes
- Excellent end to end project and budget management experience
- Organised, structured approach with full commitment to deliver agreed results/impact
- Experience of delivering event projects on time and within budget, with an appreciation of the complexities that different formats and locations present
- Strong preference for candidate with events background in high-tech, software development environment
- Strong preference for candidate who understands the culture and has experience working with international businesses
- Experienced with working in a global marketing team
- Experience working with third party agencies
You will also have:
- Passionate about Great Work. Nothing less than your best will do. You have the ability to see the bigger picture, prioritize and simultaneously manage multiple projects and tasks.
- Analytical & Results-oriented. Because marketing is an art and a science, you love understanding data, patterns and trends. You love the doing and the process but you are all about results.
- A True Team Player. You’re the best at what you do and you know how to work with your colleagues to get the best from them.
- Excellent Verbal and Written Communication. You understand your audience(s) and are extremely detail-oriented.
- Willingness to travel
OKta is a progressive company that values you as an individual. We are committed to career progression, employee wellbeing and making a positive impact in our local communities.
Apply now to continue the conversation and speak with one of our recruiters…
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.