Okta is the foundation for secure connections between people and technology. By harnessing the power of the cloud, Okta allows people to access applications on any device at any time, while still enforcing strong security protections. It integrates directly with an organisation’s existing directories and identity systems, as well as 4,000+ applications.
Because Okta runs on an integrated platform, organisations can implement the service quickly at large scale and low total cost.
Thousands of customers, including Adobe, Allergan, Nasdaq, LinkedIn, and 20th Century Fox, trust Okta to help their organisations work faster, boost revenue, and stay secure. To learn more about Okta, visit: https://www.okta.com.
The opportunity for Okta is massive: any company is a company we can make more productive and more secure. As every company becomes a technology company, Okta is the foundation that lets them make this transition successfully. Our vision is to bring the benefits of Identity to every company.
To help us achieve this ambitious growth objective we are seeking a seasoned regional marketing professional to create leverage for the business through field marketing activities that create and accelerate pipeline.
The Snr. Manager, Regional Marketing for the UK & Ireland is responsible for planning, organising and executing a wide range of direct to end-user and through channel demand programs that generate new prospects and advance existing opportunities for the sales team. He or she will act as liaison between marketing and partner and field sales teams as well as centralised demand functions such as the EMEA demand centre, and the EMEA partner marketing function.
The successful candidate will be expected to plan and execute Account Based Marketing programs such as account intelligence gathering and demand creation in agreed-upon large accounts to support sales goals in the UK & Ireland. They will work closely with the EMEA demand centre and the product marketing functions to develop or leverage existing assets that will support multi-touch, multi-dimensional programs including both inbound and outbound tactics.
The successful candidate will have a deep understanding of GDPR best practices in the UK and Ireland and will be expected to integrate a detailed contact acquisition strategy in all programs. He or she will have proven experience of managing vendor relationships and negotiating terms that comply with the GDPR.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and implement lead generation and pipeline acceleration programs jointly with field sales and channel sales
- Translate sales objectives (both opportunity-based and relationship-based) into objectives and marketing project plans
- Research, choose, design and manage events to be included as tactics in the overall marketing mix, and ensure there is a cohesive pre-event, at-event and post event strategy to increase engagement and response rates
- Support the sales leadership in selecting the most appropriate accounts for Account Based Marketing (ABM) program execution
- Educate account managers on the potential role of ABM within their accounts, execute ABM programs in collaboration with them, and demonstrate how they can execute program elements on their own
- Proactively engage with the Top 5 Partners in the region to create tailored through channel demand plans that support the goals of the local channel sales leadership
- Leverage partner-ready demand creation programs, tools and kits created by the EMEA partner marketing function
- Evaluate, select and manage vendors that contribute to local demand creation programs including events venues and services, digital marketing agencies, direct mail providers, designers, copywriters and list brokers
- Put in place a robust process to forecast, measure, analyse and report on impact of all programs
- Proactively engage with sales stakeholders to coordinate, communicate, and optimise the impact of marketing activities
- Communicate and educate the sales team regarding new and planned marketing activities including global, regional and local programs
- Integrate contact acquisition strategy in all programs and regularly report on progress of database gains
- Work closely with the EMEA demand centre and the product marketing functions to ensure that all newly developed messages, assets and creatives are on brand, on message and approved by the legal team
- Actively pursue opportunities for Customer Endorsement (e.g. as Case Studies, Press Releases, Supporting Quotes)
BACKGROUND AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Has worked in a b-to-b business within the IT industry (experience in a high growth of Cloud business an advantage)
- Has excellent understanding of the Sirius Decision demand waterfall model and of the demand waterfall processes and metrics
- Proven track record of running successful Account Based Marketing programs
- Has deep understanding of GDRP best practice in marketing, and proven experience of running successful contact acquisition strategies
- Has excellent experience of driving, managing and executing marketing activities with channel partners
- Ability to consistently produce results on time and within budget
- Ability to align tactical plans with local business strategies
- Excellent communications skills, with proven experience of successfully managing relationships with senior sales stakeholders
- Inbound and outbound marketing strategy/execution experience and good understanding of digital marketing best practices
- Ability to demonstrate track record of success in all key areas of responsibility
TECHNOLOGY SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Sales tools (e.g. Good knowledge of account planning, playbooks, ROI/TCO tools)
- Sales force automation systems (Excellent working knowledge of campaign management in SalesForce.com)
- Marketing automation platforms (Theoretical understanding of Marketo needed)
- Strong Microsoft Office skills required
- Partner relationship management (e.g. tools such as Birch)
- Partner portals (Proven experience of managing updates to Partner Intranets)
- Business intelligence (Working knowledge of Tableau)
- Deal registration (Proven experience of working with Deal Registration systems and processes)
- A data driven marketer who is passionate about forecasting and measuring the impact of programs
- A self-starter who can manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- An excellent communicator, who has proven experience of successfully managing relationships with senior sales stakeholders
- Ability to manage the daily execution and monitoring of multiple campaigns
- An excellent problem solver who is detail oriented, collaborative and proactive
- An innovator who follows marketing technology trends
- Comfortable with travel in region
SUCCESS METRICS - Success in this role will be measured against the following KPIs:
- Stakeholder satisfaction with individual’s output
- Sourced and Influenced pipeline and ROI of all programs
- Demand waterfall conversion metrics
- Database growth and health
- Budget management accuracy
- Forecast accuracy
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.