Okta is seeking a top tier candidate to tackle the Company’s technical accounting and SEC reporting and complexities. The ideal candidate is a detail-oriented, self-motivated team player with a very strong working knowledge of U.S. GAAP, SEC regulations and internal controls and who thrives in an exciting environment with minimal supervision. This role is an individual contributor reporting to the Sr. Director of Technical Accounting and Financial Reporting.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Research and document accounting implications of significant routine transactions, including identification, assessment, and documentation activities on topics such as financial instruments, leases, earnings per share and other investments and proactively and effectively manage external auditor review process.
- Oversee ongoing monitoring, assessment, and implementation of new and proposed accounting and regulatory standards issued by the SEC and FASB, and own related interpretation, documentation, and external auditor consultation process. Provide quarterly updates and other appropriate communications to executives, key stakeholders, and accounting team.
- Review and oversee the timely and accurate preparation of all external financial reports, including those filed with the SEC on Form 10-Q, 10-K and 8-K, ensuring financial statements are in accordance with U.S. GAAP and SEC guidelines.
- Coordinate and draft new disclosures and other updates to SEC filings based on new transactions and other management driven changes.
- Review all supporting schedules and tie-outs, ensuring that all processes are in compliance with SOX.
- Review relevant materials and presentations consistent with SEC filings, including analyst presentations and other materials where necessary.
- Review GAAP disclosure checklists with a focus on accuracy and continuous improvement.
- Assist with preparation of Disclosure Committee and Audit Committee materials and monitor progress against reporting cycle deadlines.
- Participate in the design, preparation, and completion of internal financial reports and review supporting month-end financial reporting to the Controller and CFO.
- Review the monthly cash flow statement.
- Continuously work to enhance and streamline reporting processes and controls and ensure proper execution and updates of external reporting SOX controls.
- Own, document and assist in the review of company accounting policy manual, including development and documentation of updates and other new accounting policies as needed.
- Develop and deliver technical training and provide technical leadership and mentorship on a cross-functional basis to other teams such as Operational Accounting, Investor Relations, FP&A and others.
- Lead and oversee ad-hoc projects as necessary.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) is required.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance. MBA is a plus.
- 8+ years relevant work experience; Big 4 experience is required, direct experience on external reporting and technical accounting responsibilities with a public company is required.
- High-tech industry experience preferred, but not required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Experience solving, documenting, and appropriately communicating complex technical accounting issues
- Previous experience with Form 10-K, Form 10-Q, Form S-8, Form S-3, proxy statements, prospectuses, etc.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Previous project management experience
- Experience with NetSuite and Workiva a plus
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, manage competing priorities, and adhere to tight deadlines
- Exhibits pride of ownership and sets and adheres to uncompromising quality standards for deliverables
- Keen analytical and problem-solving skills and ability to learn new systems and processes quickly
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of an organization, from clerical staff to executives, and manage relationships with external parties
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.