Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers, teams, and businesses around the world. We believe that today’s entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about engaging communities of developers.
The DigitalOcean Senior Marketing Manager is a new role that will be integral in helping scale our DigitalOcean for Startups program, which offers a suite of benefits and resources designed to power the next generation of startup founders to build world-changing products on our simple yet powerful cloud platform.
We are looking for a quick thinker who is naturally analytical with a consultative mindset. You’ll be spending much of your time analyzing customer feedback you’ve gathered, via surveys and market analysis reports, and creating case studies and customer stories that help other startups DigitalOcean can solve their problems, making our customers’ experience with DigitalOcean as easy and valuable as possible.
We’re seeking a Marketing Manager who can jump into the role, start learning and contribute quickly.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Working with technical and business contacts at trial and subscription customer levels; you will be working with developers, CTOs, CEOs, and Founders, so experience in technical onboarding is key
- Maintaining and improving support and founder developer communities to educate new customers during their onboarding period to get them to adopt cloud services quickly and effectively through integrated marketing communications at scale
- Monitoring customer usage to identify upsell opportunities and churn risks, working with internal teams to continually improve our data tooling and profile key customer types through extensive use of data
- Proactively messaging a high volume of customers per month to ensure that they are fully aware of DigitalOcean’s capabilities and assess whether they are ready to build and launch their products on DigitalOcean
- Working closely with the Sales and Solutions Engineers team to schedule product deep dives, office hours, and technical overviews of our cloud platform with qualified leads;
- Serving as the bridge between sales and marketing by working closely with Marketing to align the quantity of leads with each month’s goal
- Working closely with Sales to align created opportunities to monthly goals
- Proactively initiating new client partnerships through service excellence
- Keeping records concerning activities current; communicate timely and accurately with the Account Management teams
- Demonstrating awareness of the importance of building a strong image for self, products and Company
- Other job-related duties as assigned
What We’ll Expect From You:
- Experience building and leading programs to drive market awareness, customer acquisition, and funnel management.
- Outstanding analytical skills, strategic thinking, a results-driven approach to execution, and a can do attitude
- Solid understanding of the cloud industry preferably in the context of usage by startups
- End to end ownership of customer funnel - from acquisition to nurture to conversion to advocacy.
- Storytelling skills to succinctly articulate the value of DigitalOcean cloud to startups and small businesses.
- You love digging into customer use cases and thinking deeply about how to help customers succeed. You’re patient and resilient, with a sense of humor, and a natural ability to listen and educate. Your curiosity, and desire to learn and take on new things are key to your success at DigitalOcean.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- MBA degree or relevant work experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Motivation to meet and surpass goals
- Strong attention to detail and data analysis skills
- Data query skills (SQL, Tableau, Looker)
- Thrive in a competitive environment and jump at the opportunity to take on new challenges
- Maintain a high level of professionalism
- Driven by a desire for excellence in your craft and work hard to constantly improve
- Experience with Salesforce is a plus
- 3-5 years of business experience, preferably at a growth stage SaaS company
- Passion and excitement for how quality customer interactions can drive business growth
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to thrive in loosely structured environments, and you take ownership to see things through to completion
Nice To Haves:
- Experience working and building relationships with technical customers/end users, who are primarily developers, using the modern cloud and API
- Prior experience with the cloud or SaaS business
- Passion and empathy for the entrepreneurial journey
Why You’ll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, and other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your physical, financial and mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC, Cambridge and Palo Alto, we’re very distributed—we use a number of communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Department: Marketing #LI-Remote
Want to learn more about our Marketing team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!