About the opportunity
As Contentful’s Senior People Operations Specialist, you’ll be joining a team that is passionate about people and constantly improves their experience. We reduce friction; we excel in what we do. And we do it together within a strong and diverse Peopleteam, which currently operates from three hubs, enabling more than 400 employees to fly to the moon. The plans for 2021 are ambitious. With our superb infrastructure, great flexibility and input from experts from around the world, we are ready for the new challenges!
What to expect?
- Analysis, implementation, and optimization people operations policies and workflows across the organization
- Ensure a smooth onboarding process and maintain good relationships to external parties
- Manage people operations documentation, ensuring it is always up to date, understandable, and easily accessible
- Act as point of contact for our international employees, including visa and relocation support, German language and bureaucracy
- First point of contact for global PEO partner, ensuring a smooth process
- Counseling of related HR functions, especially but not only, with regards to labour law and KPIs and liaise with the finance department
- Responsibility for the preparation of contract related paperwork for the HR department, our managers and employees
- Ongoing salary administration (including preparation) in partnership with our external payroll office
- Manage People team projects that drive positive impact across the organization, reducing friction, making the employee experience feel seamless
What you need to be successful?
- At least 7 years experience in People Operations at a fast moving technology company
- Strong background in Labour Law
- Broad knowledge of related HR functions
- Ability to focus on details and work independently detecting and preventing mistakes
- Experience implementing and optimizing HR policies and procedures
- Broad experience managing data in an HRIS. Bonus points if you were part of the identification and introduction of a new tool.
- Experience in clear communication to teams and employees in German and English
- Ability to manage confidentials matters
- Comfort with changing demands and priorities is a must!
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital products.
- We set you up for success, equipping you with the latest and greatest hardware
- Enjoy a full range of events, including workshops, Contentful-hosted meetups, guest speakers and team activities. Meet your team members from across the globe at our annual offsite.
- Get fit! We offer a variety of health and fitness classes and a discount on Urban Sports Club.
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career. Join a free German class or one of our many internal learning initiatives!
- Plus, Contentful socks! Oh yeah!
Who are we?
Contentful powers digital experiences for 28% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our content platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Spotify, Urban Outfitters, ARD Broadcaster, The British Museum, Xoom and Lenovo use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and are backed by over $150 million in funding from top-tier venture capital firms like Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 350 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San Francisco and distributed locations around the world.
“Everyone is welcome here” — it's a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability or length of time spent unemployed. We look forward to your application!
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby acknowledge and accept the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal data as described therein.