SmugMug is looking for a senior software engineer to join our teams. If you want to be among peers who are fun, passionate, inclusive and who disagree respectfully, champion excellence, and empower each other to be their best selves, we want to work with you!
We have two openings, and, depending on your experience and interest, you may be considered for one or both roles. The two teams are the Growth team and Photo Biz (Pro) team.
The Growth team is responsible for designing and developing various user journeys and running experimentations that help our customers and prospective customers fully leverage all our platform offers: storing, securing, organizing, sharing, and selling their digital photos.
The Photo Biz (Pro) team focuses on the SmugMug e-commerce platform, Pro customer tools, and features used by our top-tier plan subscribers.
- Design and implement A/B tests to improve conversion, optimize site flow, and drive growth or work on our buying and selling experiences
- Deliver customer-facing features as a front-end/full-stack member of a cross-functional team, working closely with other developers, QA, product, design, and other groups
- Collaborate in designing and developing intuitive, responsive interfaces in HTML, CSS, and modern JS (ES6), using React, Next.js, and other front-end libraries
- Incorporate and refine JS modularization, automated test coverage, internationalization, and accessibility as well as build tooling
- Work with APIs and integrations of multiple platforms to create right-sized solutions
- Identify and implement tools and systems to help scale our business
- Advocate for pragmatic solutions over engineering perfection
- Assist with defining product direction, balancing customer needs against feasibility
- Take ownership of initiatives and have accountability for outcomes
- Lead with empathy
- Have a bias toward action
- A passion for growth, metrics, and outstanding user experience
- A focus toward accountability and ownership of the products from inception to launch
- Experience building large-scale, server-based web applications
- Experience with UX design, performance optimization, and debugging
- Experience with web-form accessibility, usability, and security best practices
- Excellent communication skills and experience working with cross-functional, remote teams
- Written automated unit tests using Jest or other testing frameworks
- Familiarity with GraphQL and PHP
- Familiarity with e-commerce
- Solid analytical and statistical skills, an understanding of A/B or multivariant testing, and SEO/SEM knowledge
- Proficient knowledge with SQL and general database knowledge
*Remote work applies to select states: California, Colorado, Idaho, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Oregon, Texas, Utah, Virginia, and Washington.
SmugMug seeks to thrill customers around the world, and building a diverse team is essential to our success. We seek employees with a variety of backgrounds and perspectives. And we’re committed to providing equal opportunities and cultivating an inclusive culture. We believe that embracing diversity is integral to innovation and progress.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at email@example.com to make an accommodation request.