As a member of the Product Marketing team you will be responsible for establishing a strong product-market fit for Heap. To be successful you will need a deep understanding of how Heap fits into the Product Analytics competitive landscape and alongside adjacencies in the market (e.g. customer engagement platforms, customer data platforms, application development tools, etc.). You will also need to understand our customers, technology partners, and the Heap Product Analytics Platform in order to develop competitive pricing and competitively differentiated product positioning and messaging. Internally you will partner cross-functionally with Product Management on competitive positioning, Partnerships on ecosystem strategy and co-marketing content, Sales Enablement on requirements for sales tools and collateral, and the Marketing team on competitive and partner campaigns. Externally you will be a technical evangelist.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter with excellent written and oral communication skills, a data-driven mindset, and ability to influence and drive initiatives across cross-functional teams.
What will you do?
- Own competitive intelligence and create positioning and messaging that demonstrates an understanding of our key competitive advantages
- Deliver competitive sales content and tools that effectively advance our prospects and customers through the buyer’s journey (product pages, datasheets, blogs, tutorials, webinars, white papers, playbooks, battle cards, presentations, demos, ROI models, etc.)
- Work with Sales and Customer Success to understand their competitive selling needs and deliver training and readiness that educates and inspires
- Work with Technology Partners to articulate joint narratives and create compelling collateral (decks, datasheets, case studies, etc.) for our sellers and partners to take to market directly and through co-branded marketing programs
- Work with the Marketing team on competitive keyword research and support campaigns with competitive and technology partner content
- Work with Product Management and Partnerships to develop competitive product and integration strategies to fill roadmap gaps
- Work with Product Management and Sales to develop competitive pricing strategies
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline
- Minimum 10 years of relevant technical experience in B2B software (Product Marketing, Product Management, Pre-Sales, Consulting, or Developer Advocacy), with at least 5 years in Product Marketing
- Strong working knowledge of Product Analytics and/or Web Analytics with the ability to discuss vendor solution approaches, common business workflows, and core capabilities and how they work with adjacent technologies
- Experience working with external stakeholders such as Technology Partners to co-develop collateral
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for creating technical marketing content and presenting both internally and externally
- Demonstrated success in driving and completing multiple projects simultaneously and setting priorities, in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Proven track record of delivering results through cross-functional teams, in a highly matrixed environment
People are what make Heap awesome. Regardless of age, education, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, or any personal characteristics, we want everyone to feel welcome. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive equal opportunity workplace everyone can call home.
Heap has raised $95M in funding from NEA, Y Combinator, Menlo Ventures, SVAngel, Sam Altman, Garry Tan, Alexis Ohanian, Harj Taggar, Ram Shriram, and others. We offer plenty of awesome benefits, and we were named #1 on Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work (SMB). We'd love to hear from you!