Contentful provides content infrastructure for digital teams to power websites, apps, and devices. Unlike a CMS, Contentful was built to integrate with the modern software stack. It offers a central hub for structured content, powerful management and delivery APIs, and a customizable web app that enables developers and content creators to ship their products faster. Companies including Spotify, Red Bull, WeWork, Lyft, and Urban Outfitters rely on Contentful to manage content as part of their modern web stack.
Contentful is growing rapidly, backed by $80 million in funding from VC firms including Benchmark and General Catalyst, and strategic investors including Sapphire Ventures (SAP) and Salesforce Ventures.
We’re a fun team of more than 350 people from 70 nations, with offices in Berlin and San Francisco. Join us!
ABOUT THE ROLE
Learning Services is charged with creating impactful, scalable learning experiences to help content authors, content architects, and software developers get the most out of the Contentful platform. We don’t do average. We’re out to reset the industry standard for helping customers and partners to quickly create value while building on best practices that lead to long term success.
We’re looking for a talented and passionate technical trainer to provide amazing learning experiences for our customers and partners.
- Because you are exceptionally clever and have lots of relevant experience, you will quickly become a Contentful expert (if you’re not one already)
- You will deliver onsite and webinar-based training to Contentful customers and partners on Contentful architecture and features, content modeling best practices, using Contentful APIs and SDKs, CI/CD strategies, extending the Contentful environment with webhooks and UI extensions, and other topics
- You will design and facilitate hands-on activities, discussions, sample projects, and other interactive activities that help learners move from concepts to practice
- You will answer questions and provide guidance on Contentful best practices for specific use cases.
- You will inspire customers and partners to become enthusiastic fans of Contentful by communicating a compelling vision of Contentful’s features, value proposition, and the strategic role that content infrastructure plays in facilitating digital transformation
- You will not only motivate customers and partners to look for new opportunities to use Contentful, you will also equip them to successfully pitch the platformtool inside their own organizations or to their clients.
- You will serve as a Contentful subject matter expert and technical resource for the Learning Services team, helping the team design new learning experiences, document best practices, and create helpful platforms, job-aids, code samples, and other resources for Contentful users
- You will establish a relationship of trust with Contentful’s product management and development teams that will enable you to communicate customer needs, use cases, challenges, and feedback in a way that drives improvement of the Contentful product
- You have a bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in computer science, information technology, business information systems or a related field
- You have 5+ years experience working in a technical role such as software developer. sales engineer or professional services
- You have 2+ years of experience in a technical training role
- You have experience with content management systems (e.g. Adobe AEM, Sitecore, Drupal) and developing content models
- You have exposure to DevOps tools such as Jenkins, CircleCI, and TravisCI; static site generators such as Gatsby, Middleman, Jekyll, and Metalsmith; and front-end frameworks/libraries such as React, Angular, and Vue
- You have both presentation and facilitation skills. You can present material in an engaging way, read a room, and think on your feet. But you also have the ability to guide learners through a discovery process without being the “sage on the stage”
- You have excellent educational instincts and have created instructor-led courses and other learning materials
- You have experience delivering in both face-to-face and virtual instruction/webinar format
- You are available to travel up to 60%
- Join an innovative tech company as we help drive the evolution of digital experiences to become ever-more ubiquitous and interactive. Be a part of helping companies build modern architectures for mission-critical applications
- Shape the future of Contentful: help us establish, scale, and improve our team's processes
- Generous education budget complete with extra days off to be spent on your professional and self-development
- Be set up for success, equipped with the latest and greatest hardware
- Hang-out in one of our many shared spaces, playing games with colleagues or enjoying a full range of events, including workshops, on-site meetups, guest speakers, and fun events for the company and each team. Did we mention an annual off-site?
- Sharpen your PlayStation, ping pong, and kicker/fußball skills during breaks in the day
- As much artisan coffee as you can handle
- Brush up your language skills! Our team speaks more than 20 languages, and we offer free German classes
- Take a break and pat a pup, we are a dog-friendly office
- We fully support your move to Berlin with a relocation budget and visa assistance. We'll help you settle into your exciting new city
- Plus, Contentful socks, oh yeah!
“Variety is the spice of life” — and a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer: all qualified applicants are considered for positions regardless of race, ethnic origin, gender, age, religion or belief, marital status, gender identification, sexual orientation, or disability. We look forward to your application!