Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers, teams, and businesses around the world. We believe that today’s entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about solving the legal challenges for a fast-growing company in the technology sector.
We are looking for an exceptional lawyer with a strong background and experience in software, infrastructure or related technology businesses. The Senior Technology Counsel will have responsibility for providing advice and assistance across a wide variety of critical legal and business matters both in the U.S. and abroad.
This is a unique opportunity to become an integral member of a small but growing legal team.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Negotiating and drafting technology-related partnership, licensing, services and other commercial agreements.
- Working closely with relevant business units on the legal aspects of product development, marketing programs and technology initiatives.
- Advising on the implementation and enforcement of the company’s data privacy, security, objectionable content, and legal/regulatory policies and protections.
- Partnering closely with our trust and safety team on responding to litigation, subpoenas, court orders, government relations, IP and other compliance matters.
- Advising on domestic and international strategic partnerships and M&A.
- Managing the company’s IP portfolio and advising on the company’s IP strategies, including open source governance.
What We’ll Expect From You:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- J.D. from a nationally-accredited law school and license to state bar.
- 5-8 years’ experience working on technology transactions and IP-related matters. In-house experience (particularly IaaS or SaaS) strongly preferred, and deep knowledge of legal issues relating to open source technology, data privacy and security required.
- Excellent analytical skills and problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work collaboratively across all levels of a fast-growing international organization.
Why You’ll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, and other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your physical, financial and mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC, Cambridge and Palo Alto, we’re very distributed—we use a number of communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!