Remote candidates within +/- 3 hours of the PST timezone are welcome to apply.
At MetaLab, we design pretty exciting products, but the building is where you come in. Our engineering team needs your help in setting up projects and bringing our products across the finish line for our clients to enjoy in the wild. To thrive in this role, you’ll provide technical support and guidance on projects, tackle new skills, and show up ready for anything. We believe the magic happens when you combine thoughtful collaboration, strong processes, and the freedom for people to be themselves. When you’re comfortable being yourself, you do your best work and inspire others to do the same.
Sound like you? Read on.
- Collaborate with your project team to work on tasks from the backlog that are based on the project's priorities
- Deliver features without being given much detail, design, or specification and on time
- Understand the current sprint priorities and knows when to change focus to finish the sprint on time as well as raise any flags when you suspect the project timeline might be at risk
- Provide feedback on designs for completeness, implementation effort and feasibility
- Help plan out sprints by writing tasks and providing estimates
- Review project team members' code submissions to match the needs of the project (in terms of quality, correctness, consistency, performance, etc)
- Participate in shares with the client stakeholders on project progress
- Support department by sharing technical knowledge you learn with other project teams
- Identify when your project team members are stuck on a technical challenge and offer support
What we’re looking for
- 5+ years of Full Stack experience, in an agency setting is a bonus
- Appreciation of design and can protect its complexity without compromising fidelity
- Ability to multitask without compromising your diligent attention to detail.
- Responds positively and is able to help the team adapt to changing priorities within fast paced projects
- Organized, self-motivated, and comfortable advocating for yourself and the work
- Experience with Front End production applications ideally using React/Redux with ES6+
- Experience with Back End production applications using JSON REST API methodology and ideally one of these languages: Node, Rails, Java, Go, Python
- Knowledge of architecting an application and understanding how business trade offs impact technical choices, and vice versa
- Experience as a technical team lead a plus
Equal opportunity employer
Research shows that women and other marginalized groups tend to only apply for a job when they meet every single criteria. Does this role sound like it was made for you, yet you don’t check every box? Reach out anyways! We’re an equal opportunity employer and are dedicated to fostering an inclusive and diverse environment for employees from all walks of life. We hire based on talent, and we’re proud of our global perspective.