ConsenSys is a venture production studio and the leading technology firm in blockchain globally. We deliver products, solutions and platforms built using blockchain technology to transform how business is done in complex network of buyers, suppliers and consumers.
Our teams are busy at work building the future of identity, financial markets, commerce, security, infrastructure and more. To accomplish this we've built out a flat organizational structure which we call the ConsenSys Mesh: a network of individuals & teams working autonomously and towards the same goal. If you are someone that thrives in a fast-paced environment where being self-directed, determined, and resilient are a requirement, we would love for you to join us.
About the role:
As a ConsenSys DevOps Engineer, you will work with numerous projects, providing advisory services and helping teams build, maintain and evolve enterprise grade highly scalable production systems running blockchain-based applications built using the latest technologies.
Responsibilities will include:
- Lead the effort for building a managed infrastructure platform that will serve project teams within ConsenSys enabling teams to focus on their core competency
- Lead production management consulting engagements with project teams on best practices tailored to their use-case
- Participate in the design and continuous improvement of project teams’ monitoring, alerting and remediation solutions with focus on proactively identifying and addressing production issues
- Design and improve support processes in collaboration with support and dev teams (change management, incident management, on-call, etc)
- Act as an escalation point for system alerts including on-call availability
- In-depth understanding of production management principles for distributed systems
- 3-5 years experience developing infrastructure as code or working with a cloud provisioning tool
- 3-5 years of experience working in operations teams managing production environments
- 3-5 years of scripting experience in python/bash/go or equivalent
- Hands-on experience working with cloud providers such as AWS and Azure
- Hands-on experience working with logging, monitoring and visualization tools such as Prometheus, Grafana, Elastic stack, etc.
- Hands -on experience working on microservices architecture using containerization (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Technical aptitude, ability and passion for learning new software and methodologies
- Demonstrated ability to think on feet and resolve issues in a fast paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written English skills
Nice to have:
- Software development experience
- Hands-on experience working with Terraform
- Familiarity with CI/CD methodologies and tools
- Technological degree in Computer science or equivalent
- An understanding of blockchain technology and the Ethereum ecosystem
Here are some of the perks of being part of a unique organization like ConsenSys:
- The forefront of a revolution. At ConsenSys we fundamentally believe that a next generation of technologies presents the opportunity to create a more just and equitable society.
- A dynamic startup environment. ConsenSys is a thought leader in the blockchain space and we are absorbing a significant portion of the mindshare. This is both exciting and challenging, as we learn to scale our organization while adhering to the principles of decentralization.
- Continuous learning. You’ll be constantly exposed to new languages, frameworks and ideas from your peers and as you work on different projects -- challenging you to stay at the top of your game.
- Deep technical challenges. This entire ecosystem is about 10 years old. Ethereum itself is still a toddler. There is much work to be done before these platforms can scale to the order of millions or billions of users. ConsenSys is building the technology platforms that can get us to those next thresholds of scale.
ConsenSys is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is made available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
ConsenSys is aware of fraudulent recruitment practices and we encourage all applicants to review our best practices to protect yourself which can be found here.