At Okta our motto is "Always On", and nowhere do we embrace that more than in Technical Operations. We strive to build the most reliable and performant systems on the planet through the skillful use of automation. We've created an integrated system that securely connects any person via any device to the technologies they need to do their most significant work.
If you like to be challenged and have a passion for solving problems at scale with automation, testing and tuning, then we would love to hear from you. The ideal candidate is someone who exemplifies the ethics of, “If you have to do something more than once, automate it,” and who can rapidly self-educate on new concepts and tools.
- Design, build, and monitor Okta's production infrastructure
- Respond to production incidents and determine a preventive solution
- Troubleshoot complex reliability and performance issues
- Automate manual processes, evolve our monitoring tools, and develop technical documentation
- Support a highly available online environment as part of an on-call rotation once per quarter
Qualifications & Requirements
- Computer Science (plus) or relevant experience
- Foundation in Linux systems administration, networking concepts and IP protocols
- DevOps - experience automating and running large scale production Java/Tomcat services in AWS (EC2, ECS, KMS, Kinesis, RDS) or other cloud providers
- Experience writing infrastructure as code using tools such as Chef, Ansible and Terraform
- Able to code to a good standard with any programming language, but especially Bash, Ruby, Python and GO, using source controlled environment, Git
- Solid understanding of CI/CD principles & Agile methodologies
- Knowledge of SQL/NoSQL cluster data stores such as MySQL, Redis, Cassandra or Elasticsearch
- Experience using and supporting log and telemetry aggregation services such as Splunk, Zabbix and Wavefront
- Experience running container technology in production
Okta is an active, vibrant place that rewards creativity and unconventional thinking. We know that forging new connections between people and technology is no small feat, so we stick together. We work hard and challenge each other. We offer excellent benefits, competitive compensation, career growth opportunities, flexible time-off, catered lunches / free snacks, and much more!