Okta is the foundation for secure connections between people and technology. By harnessing the power of the cloud, Okta allows people to access applications on any device at any time, while still enforcing strong security policies. It integrates directly with an organization’s existing directories and identity systems, as well as 4,000+ applications.
Because Okta runs on an integrated platform, organizations can implement the service quickly at large scale and low total cost. More than 2,000 customers, including Adobe, Allergan, Chiquita, LinkedIn, MGM Resorts International and Western Union, trust Okta to help their organizations work faster, boost revenue and stay secure.
Okta is seeking a Architect to help us take our product offerings and integrations to the next level. You will have an unique opportunity to help define and build the next generation of capabilities to expand our breadth and depth in enabling our customers and partners to integrate and leverage our platform to merge identity access with administration, which addresses administering accounts and credentials, provisioning, and managing entitlements, with identity governance, which addresses the segregation of duties, role management, logging, and analytics and reporting. Identity Governace and Admistration (IGA) capabilities provide beyond standard Identity and Access Management (IAM) systems. In particular, they help organizations meet compliance requirements and enable them to audit access for compliance reporting. They also automate workflows for tasks such as access approvals and provisioning/de-provisioning.
You'll partner with the Product Team and Business Development to build a compelling product vision and introduce critical innovations and new capabilities to drive adoption and ubiquity of our platform and enrich our ecosystem. If you are someone, with a passion and a track record in leading engineering teams in building engaging products, who is technical and business savvy with the willingness to work collaboratively with stakeholders in adjacent products and organizations, this is the place for you!
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work collaboratively with Product Management and Engineering Architects to drive product and technology roadmaps. Have the ability to help teams reconcile seemingly contradictory requirements and priorities to arrive at a technical strategy that will move the needle for the Business.
- Designed revolutionary and innovative system architecture for enterprise solutions. Ensured products meet product requirements and surpass customer expectations in all aspects of usability, workflow, integrity, scalability, extensibility, interoperability, and compatibility of legacy products.
- Lead complex technical designs, prototypes/proof of concepts, help development teams choose tools, frameworks, and platforms. Participate in work breakdown, effort estimate, and feature prioritization for project commitments
- Lead technical reviews of frameworks and guide subsystems/components designs to align well with overall system architectures and meet product requirements.
- Champion engineering and operational excellence by establishing measurable system metrics to assess and continuously improve product performance, reliability, and scalability.
- Establish best practices, coding standards, and design patterns. Enforced development patterns and best practices through mentorship, code, and design reviews
- Establish strong cross-functional and cross-organizational relationships and collaboration with engineering leadership, cross functional teams, and field teams
- Provide technical leadership, mentorship, and guidance to the Engineering teams as well as cross functional teams
Minimum REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 15+ years of experience of experience in building, working with, and understanding scalable hosted infrastructure. Capacity to be hands-on and highly technical·
- 8+ years in proven experience in modern database systems and tradeoffs along with scalable database design, pertaining to both storage and query engine.
- Strong competency of architectural styles and design patterns. Understanding of various coding methods/patterns and computer languages
- Very strong analytical and problem-solving skills, including requirements analysis, architectural design tradeoffs, and risk assessment
- Ability to identify opportunities and challenges with constant evaluation to foster innovation to mitigate impediments and drive success
- Proven ability to lead high-performing Engineering teams to deliver best-of-class technical product solutions from launch to scale.
- Experience with service oriented architecture (SOA), data modeling, systems, and database designs
- Strong knowledge of dev-ops and cloud infrastructure services (AWS preferred)
- Demonstrated ability to influence and align key stakeholders across organizations
- Skills in working with multiple, geographically diverse teams
- Experience with building directories and associated protocols is highly desired
- Experience with identity, governance/policies, provisioning, single sign on is also highly desired
Education and Training:
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.