Please do not apply for this role if you are not physically located in Europe, Africa or the Middle East. While this is a remote position, we can not consider candidates that are not based in these regions. You can find a detailed explanation in our Recruitment FAQs.
At Hotjar, we’re building Behavior Analytics software for businesses selling online. We make it easy for
them to go beyond traditional web analytics and understand what users are really doing on their site.
We’re looking for a passionate Software Engineer, Frontend with solid experience building design systems to help our team build UI at scale.
Hotjar is a flourishing startup that gives thousands of website owners, teams, and professionals the
tools needed to discover how their visitors are really using their sites. This is an excellent remote career
opportunity within the P&E organization, playing a part in delivering the next wins for Hotjar.
- Lead the engineering effort of our design system, by developing reusable, tested components that serve as building blocks of our system design language.
- Keep components in sync between design and code, with an approach and a desire to work toward pixel-perfect UI components.
- Maintain a shared component library, design tokens, and other artifacts to serve multiple teams in Hotjar’s P&E organization.
- Partner with +5 engineering leads and +20 engineers across multiple squads to come up with solutions that consider our technical debt, code dependencies, and that support teams building a UI at scale.
- Make a strong bridge with the product design team. Reporting to our Principal Product Designer, your objective is to build scalable solutions that are aligned with the designed version of our UI.
- Value collaboration with Product Designers to provide pixel-perfect systems and experiences.
- An engineer who avoids over-engineering of solutions and understands how to maintain a high-quality code in a delivery-focused environment with good documentation.
- Write component documentation and work with different teams.
- 5+ years of experience with component-based architecture and scalable systems using modern JS frameworks and libraries (i.e: React, Angular, etc)
- Experience with automated testing frameworks such as Jest, Karma, Cypress, or Protractor.
- A sense of consistent styling with a modern CSS knowledge: Advanced CSS3, CSS modules, Styled Components.
- Knowledge of accessibility and assistive technology such as screen readers, keyboard navigation
- Experience using tools such as Storybook to ship interface components.
- You have solid experience writing component documentation and technical design. Experience working with design tools such as Figma or Sketch and additional tools that help modern design systems build UI at scale.
- Desire to work in a respectful, transparent, and collaborative work environment, in line with Hotjar’s company values, culture, and ways of working.
- Must submit to a background check confidentially processed by our third-party.
The compensation range for this role is €60,000 to €80,000 annually. This was established after performing market research and is aligned with our approach to compensation. We encourage all candidates to read our Recruitment FAQs to further understand our approach to compensation and how we structure our contracts.
In addition to the monetary compensation, we also provide all team members with an assortment of unique and popular perks.