Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers, teams, and businesses around the world. We believe that today’s entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about building an engaging community of developers.
Reporting to the India Country Director in Bangalore, your primary role will be to understand DigitalOcean’s community of over a million developers and drive engagement with the community in meaningful ways. As a Developer Advocate, you will be responsible for building relationships with the developer community to increase platform adoption and customer growth through evangelism, community engagement, and product marketing. You will help developers with first-hand experience, interaction and knowledge through educational programs, events, code and developing content. You will have the chance to contribute developer feedback directly to product which will ultimately benefit the community. The ideal candidate should be enthusiastic about the open source developer community, demonstrate the ability to influence and evangelize to the developer community.
This is a technical role with the mission of engaging with the broad community of developers and driving excitement around DO products. You must be able to talk about technology intelligently and enthusiastically to all levels in an IT firm, from a CTO to an architect to a developer. Passion, curiosity, technical depth, excellent communication and presentation skills are required.
This is a full-time position based out of Bangalore and will require travel within India.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Deliver articulate, effective, and audience-appropriate presentations and demos with technically oriented content at various events to both small and large audiences
- Work closely with internal stakeholders to develop strategies, campaigns, messaging, and ideas to drive stronger growth each quarter
- Have a deep understanding of our features set, product roadmap, and market to accurately address a customer’s objectives
- Partner with and accompany sales representatives and account managers as a technical expert in customer meetings and discussions.
- Participate in technical and design discussions with technical executives, acting as strategic partners to speed adoption and ensure best practices during implementation
- Develop long-term strategic relationships with developer communities, partners and customers.
- Develop and deliver regular trainings and workshops to startups and customers.
- Partner with other teams to plan and organize relevant startup and developer events.
- Convey a compelling and convincing case for DO products vis-a-vis other products in the market
- Track, analyze, and report key qualitative feedback & quantitative metrics back to the organization
What We'll Expect From You:
- A successful track record in both a DevOps and Software Engineering capacity delivering production ready code.
- A knack for engaging with developer communities. The ability to stand at the intersection of a technology movement between the people who build it and the customers who us it.
- Technical background with the ability to engage software developers and architects is mandatory.
- Should keep track of the latest developments in the developer-related topics and technologies
- Strong networking/relationship building experience at individual and strategic levels
- Detail-oriented, organized, and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with ability to explain complicated concepts in clear and concise terms
- Should be a self-starter - Highly self motivated and entrepreneurial.
- Flexibility in regards to work schedule and travel
- Passion for technology and solid knowledge of enterprise IT requirements and cloud offerings available in the market
- Previous developer outreach and community experience is mandatory
- Previous experience in cloud based infrastructure solutions is a plus.
Why You’ll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We want you to love where you work. Our office space is equipped with all the amenities you might need, including with 24/7 access, high-speed bandwidth, unlimited coffee and plenty of community-focused events to keep you engaged. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needs.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Want to learn more about our Marketing team? Clickhere!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Clickhere to hear from our employees!