We are currently seeking a Senior Manager, People Business Partners to support our Engineering and Product organizations. This position will be responsible for leading, supporting, and facilitating the delivery of People services to the organizations while delivering high impact and value. The Senior Manager, PBP, will work closely with the Engineering and Product leadership teams and provide expert advice and coaching to drive and support their business objectives. The role will directly support client groups as well as manage one People Business Partner while ensuring that the team scales with the business.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide strategic advice, counsel and consultative solutions to executives on people management aspects of their business to include driving organizational development, team effectiveness, executing change management strategy and employee engagement solutions.
- Collaborate and consult on the design and delivery of People programs with the COEs to deliver effective solutions to the business.
- Act as the advocate for leading the talent management and development plans for the business unit with a focus on enhancing the quality of leaders and managers, building skills and capabilities of the workforce and ensuring succession bench strength.
- Direct, develop and drive business unit’s global workforce plan and human capital strategies by acquiring and maintaining in-depth knowledge of the business, not limited to budget, revenue and product and portfolio roadmaps. Partner with Talent Acquisition, Talent Management and Finance to ensure a feasible, pro-active workforce plan is in place and well executed.
- Develop and monitor regular and ad-hoc reports to ensure People metrics are quantified and outcome driven. Able to identify trends and proactively recommend solutions to improve performance, retention, and employee experience.
- Guide and coach managers on how to appropriately manage and resolve complex People issues (e.g., performance management and total rewards).
- Partner with team members throughout the People organization to communicate and educate on policies, procedures, and compliance.
- Provide consultative support and guidance to managers on implementation / execution of core People programs.
- Leverage best practices and identifies opportunities for efficiencies.
- Understand the client groups, strategy, challenges, business initiatives and business model.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Exceptional communication skills combined with demonstrated problem solving ability are critical for this role.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Viewed as a resource for advice and guidance by peers and senior leaders.
- Good understanding of matrix structures and politically savvy.
- Ability to cope with pressure maintaining a high standard of deliverables.
- Excellent organization and follow-through skills.
- Ability to analyze data and propose methods for continuous improvement.
- Ability to work in a confidential environment.
- Ability to work in a fast moving and changing environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate in various mediums to a wide variety of audiences.
- Able to build relationships, develop credibility with internal clients and mentor HR colleagues.
- Strong ability to multi-task and respond effectively to changing priorities and demands.
- Strong experience working with technology companies.
- Bachelor’s Degree required and 10+ years of relevant experience.
- Experience managing remote teams.
- Experience supporting SVP+ level.
- Experience supporting teams of 500+ employees.
- Experience supporting international employees.
- Experience working on a variety of HR functions.
- Experience coaching and mentoring others in an informal or formal setting.
- Experience working on various HR programs/projects.
- Experience in a growing, global software development environment is preferred.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.