Contentful provides content infrastructure for digital teams to power websites, apps, and devices. Unlike a CMS, Contentful was built to integrate with the modern software stack. It offers a central hub for structured content, powerful management and delivery APIs, and a customizable web app that enables developers and content creators to ship their products faster. Companies including Spotify, Red Bull, WeWork, Lyft, and Urban Outfitters rely on Contentful to manage content as part of their modern web stack.
Contentful is growing rapidly, backed by $80 million in funding from VC firms including Benchmark and General Catalyst, and strategic investors including Sapphire Ventures (SAP) and Salesforce Ventures.
We’re a fun team of more than 350 people from 70 nations, with offices in Berlin and San Francisco. Join us!
ABOUT THE ROLE
Building on the growth already achieved by our San Francisco-based Sales Team, we’re looking to grow our team in North America by adding a Strategic Account Executive.
As a Strategic Account Executive, you’ll be instrumental in driving Contentful’s growth through new and existing expansion revenue opportunities, customer education initiatives and leading a consultative sales process by speaking the language of professional developers, content teams and business and digital transformation leaders. Working in tandem with both our Partnerships & Customer Success teams, you’ll grow and nurture an enterprise customer base in the North America, South America, and Oceania regions.
- Identify, nurture and position existing client relationships into larger expansion opportunities ($200K+ ACV) on key strategic accounts in the North America, South America and Oceania regions
- Manage a defined named account list of Fortune 500 & Global 2000 business prospects for initial development and engagement
- Work directly with a Business Development Representative, along with the Sales Development Representative team, to assess qualified inbound leads, conduct organizational research and identify and engage with key business stakeholders
- Along with the Sales Engineer and Solution Architect teams, resolve client’s initial, existing and potential technical challenges, while tying them directly to positive ROI business solutions and outcomes
- Refine and evolve our "land-and-expand" sales and implementation model in close collaboration with our Partnerships and Customer Success teams
- 8-10+ years of B2B SaaS sales experience in a closing role
- 5+ years of experience successfully selling complex technical software
- Demonstrated history of success in a "land-and-expand" sales model with Fortune 500 & Global 2000 clients across multiple departments/teams, partnership implementations, sales cycles and C-level relationship building, support and alignment
- Ability to understand the Contentful API and build great relationships with both highly technical and business-driven end-users, decision makers and stakeholders.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Willingness to travel (up to 25%)
- Shape the future: you’ll help establish our team culture and refine and perfect our sales motion
- Collaborate with amazing companies from all around the world on their most innovative new projects
- Join an innovative, fast-growing tech company as we help drive the evolution of digital experiences to become ever-more ubiquitous and interactive
- Pick and use the tools you feel comfortable with, both hardware and software
- We offer an education budget and extra days off to be spent on learning and development
- Relocation budget to support your move to San Francisco and assistance to help you settle down in your new city
- Shape the future of Contentful: help us establish, scale, and improve our team's processes
- Travel to Berlin, Germany, at the heart of Europe, both for onboarding and for other visits to Contentful’s Berlin office
- Work in our beautiful downtown space close to Embarcadero Station, complete with a fully stocked kitchen
- Health, vision and dental insurance
- Commuter benefits to help you get to and from work
- An unlimited time off policy that rivals the best in Silicon Valley
- A generous education budget to support your continued professional development
- Plus, Contentful socks, oh yeah!
“Variety is the spice of life” — and a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer: all qualified applicants are considered for positions regardless of race, ethnic origin, gender, age, religion or belief, marital status, gender identification, sexual orientation, or disability. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.