Heap builds the product analytics tool to automatically capture customer interactions, make sense of them, and make them actionable for anyone. We enable customers like Twilio, Casper, WeWork to understand their millionth customer as well as they understood their first. Check out why our customers love us so much!
We’re looking for someone to join our Customer Success & Account Management team to help manage our ever-growing book of enterprise customers. This is a hybrid role combining technical account management, product thinking, and consultative sales. Our Strategic Customer Success Managers are seen as a strategic and trusted advisor to Heap’s largest customers, discovering their business needs and pains, and coaching them on how to resolve those within Heap.
You will work closely with other departments internally, working to identify areas where existing customers could expand and discovering new uses for Heap within the enterprise. Candidates must be self-motivated individuals who love working with a passionate/competitive team, solving problems for customers, mastering product knowledge, and continually improving company processes and culture. You must have previous experience managing enterprise tier accounts and working directly with enterprise customers, an ability to thrive in unknown territory, and a desire to contribute on a strategic level.
At Heap, this means you will:
- Deliver business value. As the dedicated point of contact, you will ensure that Heap is delivering business value and make companies actually care about data.
- Own the entire customer journey. You will guide customers through a basic onboarding and implementation, renewal and serve as an escalation path into Heap.
- Expand our existing customers. Identify and develop new opportunities for expansion across the customer’s business to increase Heap adoption by actively seeking up-sells and referrals.
- Retain our book of business. You’ll achieve high customer retention and high year-over-year renewal rates by executing win/win strategies for contract renewals.
- Be relentless at prioritization. Working with our mid-size customer business, you will have a higher volume of accounts and need to be able to stay organized and optimize your time.
- Form close relationships with our customers. Our customers will consider you part of their team.
- Become knowledgeable about analytics infrastructure. You will have complete context on our product and become an expert in the larger analytics space.
- Communicate technical concepts clearly. You will convey sound data principles to a wide-range of audiences: product managers, marketers, data scientists, engineers and C-level executives.
- Advocate for the best customer experience. Internally, you’ll serve as the voice of our customers when defining product requirements with engineers or helping marketers educate the world about analytics.
- Constantly iterate on our process. Be part of a growing team at Heap and help inform our approach to our customer lifecycle processes.
- Be ready for anything else. You’ll work cross-functionally and manage special projects internally to help Heap scale as fast as possible.
30/60/90 Day Plan
- Within 30 days, you will:
- Learn how to answer any customer question
- Be familiar with Heap solutions, positioning, competition, and product suite
- Internalize Heap success stories, our systems and our processes
- Shadow every possible sales and customer success meetings with existing clients
- Within 60 days, you will:
- Begin to take on your own portfolio of accounts and lead onboarding processes for new customers
- Become fluent in customers’ histories, goals with Heap, and define plans to make these accounts successful
- Within 90 days, you will:
- Be fully ramped and executing against your portfolio of customers
- Have ownership over the engagement, retention, and growth of these clients
Most importantly, you’re an empathetic person who is comfortable with ambiguity and is an incredibly fast learner. As a strategic advisor for our customers, you’ll face novel situations and provide expertise on different topics every day.
What we're looking for:
- 5-7 years of experience in a consultative customer facing role (management consulting, account management, customer success management, etc.).
- Proven track record of leading engagements with B2B enterprise customers resulting in increased customer satisfaction and contract value growth on both upsells and renewals
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Knowledge of the analytics market and data infrastructure, or experience within the SaaS/digital space
- (Bonus) Experience managing deal pipeline in Salesforce
- (Bonus) Experience with HTML, CSS, JS, SQL and working with various APIs.
People are what make Heap awesome. Regardless of age, education, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, or any personal characteristics, we want everyone to feel welcome. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive equal opportunity workplace everyone can call home.
Heap has raised $95M in funding from NEA, Y Combinator, Menlo Ventures, SVAngel, Sam Altman, Garry Tan, Alexis Ohanian, Harj Taggar, Ram Shriram, and others. We offer plenty of awesome benefits, and we were named #1 on Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work (SMB). We'd love to hear from you!