Okta’s the market leading identity platform, but competition abounds. We need someone on our competitive intelligence team to understand and analyze our top competitors and create content to educate our field and product teams.
What is this role all about?
Understanding the competition. Being the leader is a luxury, but we have to stay vigilant about the other players in the space; analyzing the competition is a source of market intelligence.
This role is focused on one of our top competitors, Microsoft. It involves researching and analyzing Microsoft identity products such as Azure Active Directory, and distilling that analysis into insights for our field teams.
What will you be doing?
- You will analyze Microsoft identity solutions, extract insights, and share them internally and externally via presentations and content. You will draw from deep Microsoft expertise to clearly articulate how Okta is more uniquely positioned to address customer use cases.
- You will learn to understand the technical details of how Okta makes Microsoft products like Office 365 better. Okta invests more in our Microsoft integrations than those of any other vendor, and together Okta and Microsoft often addresses issues that are unique to the market.
- You will enable technical audiences across Okta to run proof of concepts, demonstrate solutions and explain to customers the differences between Okta and Microsoft. You will create technical guides, data sheets, presentation decks and other resources to assist the field.
- You will contribute to critical product decision-making by partnering with product management. Customer insights will make you invaluable when deciding product direction.
What do you need now?
- You must have some experience and knowledge of Microsoft's identity products and how they interact with other Microsoft (and non Microsoft) solutions. Such as;
- Active Directory and Azure Active Directory suite of services
- Microsoft (Formally Forefront) Identity Manager
- Windows 10 (Autopilot, Windows Hello)
- Intune and MDM capabilities
- Office365 Mail and Productivity Suite
- You must be able to write and speak clearly about technically complex integrations and use cases in a compelling way, without extensive use of jargon or acronyms.
- You must be able to build your own deliverables and collaborate across cross-functional teams on broad initiatives.
- You must have some experience creating technical documentation, e.g., deployment guides, configuration guides, technical sales and marketing collateral, blog posts.
- You must be a skilled researcher and a critical analyst. You will perform in-depth analysis of products and technologies to compare them to Okta, then train the field teams to understand and articulate Okta's differentiated mission, vision and story.
What will you get out of this role?
- You’ll get to work with our awesome customers—bold companies who have partnered with Okta to solve some of their most critical challenges.
- You’ll become familiar with the entire product development lifecycle at one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies in the world—from idea to adoption.
- You’ll be at ground-zero of one of the most significant technology trends of our time: organizations reducing IT friction by adopting the cloud.
- You’ll work on a small team with a big impact, in a collaborative company with audacious goals.
- 5 years of technical marketing, product management, pre-sales engineering, field engineering, or customer-facing support experience required
- 3 years of in-depth knowledge around Microsoft identity technologies and an understanding of how they are implemented in typical customer environments.
- Ability to articulate technical concepts clearly and concisely with very strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and tasks in a dynamic environment with competing priorities
- Familiarity with authentication and authorization protocols and products
- Experience with enterprise SaaS solutions (Workday, Salesforce etc)
- Familiarity with the classic Information Technology (IT) "stack", both hardware like networking equipment, and software like operating systems and business applications.
- MCP, MCSE, CISSP, CCSP will be a plus
Okta is an equal opportunity employer