As a Platform Architect with Silverline you will be part of a team delivering the most creative, sophisticated, and challenging applications on the Salesforce platform. You will be a critical part of a functional project team responsible for owning and executing delivery of custom solutions that are uniquely tailored to the business’ needs. Our solutions utilize deeply technical aspects of all areas of the Salesforce.com platform, and require the highest quality implementations built for scale, efficiency, and a great customer experience.
A Platform Architect is a customer-facing enterprise-wide expert with deep knowledge of the Salesforce platform and related Salesforce technologies. The individual must be able to understand and translate a client’s requirements with respect to the overall technology landscape in order to design a scalable and enterprise grade solution. They must also possess proven consultative approaches to define a customer’s long term success on the platform. This individual is up to date on the most recent Salesforce releases and product launches as the basis for their recommendations and roadmap planning.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Contribute to a program vision while advising and articulating program/project strategies on enabling technologies including the Salesforce Platform.
- Provide guidance on application and integration development best practices, Enterprise Architecture standards, functional and technical solution architecture & design, environment management, testing, and Salesforce Platform education.
- Drive the creation of application and technical design documents which leverage Salesforce best practices and effectively integrate Salesforce into the customer’s infrastructure.
- Troubleshoot key customer implementation issues and demonstrate ability to drive to successful resolution. Lead the evaluation of business and technical requirements from a senior level.
- Review and correction of project/program direction, approach and key artifacts to keep programs on track and solutions extendable and maintainable going forward.
- Identification and proactive management of risk areas and commitment to seeing an issue through to complete resolution.
- Manage customer expectations; negotiate solutions to complex problems with both the customer and third-party partners.
- Build relationships with business partners, internal and external, and contributing to broader goals and growth beyond the scope of a single customer engagement.
- Contribute to the growth of the Services Practice by identifying and leading internal strategic initiatives to grow the consulting practice, leveraging junior teammates to achieve individual as well as team growth; serving as an active contributor to the practice knowledge and resource base; mentor, educate, and enrich technical and non-technical Salesforce customer and partner colleagues.
- 8+ years of Salesforce consulting experience filling positions of increasing responsibility and management of more junior technical resources.
- Experience with key areas of enterprise architecture, including Salesforce system architecture, integration architecture, and master data management.
- Polished speaker with the ability to evangelize best practices at various levels within a large organization.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal. Able to effectively develop artifacts and materials that are appropriate for the audience.
- Strong presentation skills. Able to effectively present and defend your point of view to a variety of audiences and communicate risks and trade-offs in order to drive decision-making.
- Ability to work independently and be a self-starter. Proven results leading and overseeing customer and/or partner success stories in the following domains: front- and back-end solution architecture, development and release management strategies, change management, and direct leadership in designing solutions that meet or exceed customer needs.
- Proven ability to analyze, design, and optimize business processes via technology and integration.
- A particular desire to continually study new technologies and functionality, as well as be involved in projects that push the capabilities of existing technologies.
- Travel to client site (average of 35%), but may be higher or lower based on the client engagement.
Preferred, but not Required:
- Salesforce Certified Technical Architect, System Architect, or Application Architect certifications.
- Experience delivering and implementing HLS solutions on the Salesforce Platform.
- Hands-on Experience with the Vlocity Platform.
- Active in the Salesforce Community in the form of blogs, stack exchange posts, and the like. Lead thought and design in the ecosystem.
- Bachelor's degree required in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Business, or in a related field.