We at Silverline are passionate about what we do. We’re a diverse group of cloud technology professionals with the same goal: to make our clients’ lives easier through technology — and we have a good time while we’re at it! As a Salesforce Platinum Partner, Silverline combines Strategic Advisory, technical implementation services, and ongoing Managed Client Services to enable organizations to achieve maximum value with the Salesforce Platform. Silverline is consistently ranked one of Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work among small- and medium-size companies, among other accolades. Come be a part of our team!
Silverline’s Delivery team is seeking a technical writer to develop content and supporting documentation for an organizational delivery methodology enhancement initiative. In this role, you will work with the delivery methodology enhancement program team and subject matter experts to review, edit/write, and publish content.
Content will be published and made available to the professional services team on internal content management systems / wiki platforms and selected content will be made available to external clients. The position will need to collaborate with Silverline’s L&D and marketing teams to develop content style guides and comply with Silverline’s brand standards.
The position is currently scheduled to begin work mid-August, 2019 and conclude the initial phases of content development by the end of November. During this timeframe, the role is expected to be utilized at least half time in the initial month (20 hrs a week) with potential for full-time (up to 40 hrs a week) as the initiative progresses.
- Determine the needs of end users for technical documentation related to delivery methodology.
- Collaborate with L&D and Marketing to develop style guides and brand standards for documentation.
- Work with delivery methodology enhancement program team and subject matter experts to review, edit, and write content
- Use photographs, drawings, diagrams, animation, and charts that increase users’ understanding
- Work with the selected mediums and content management systems/WIKI to publish content
- Standardize content leveraging approved style guides, professional services nomenclature, and Silverline brand standards.
- Prior technical writing experience and ability to provide prior work samples
- Ability to collaborate with remote team members to understand, edit/write, and refine content and artifacts
- Prior experience working with content management systems or other WIKI mediums a plus
- Ability to work with and incorporate visual aids (photography, graphs, etc.) into content
- Prior experience creating documentation for consulting firms, project management and/or technology services organizations a plus
- High-level familiarity with the following disciplines, concepts, and common terminology associated with:
- Project Management (PMI PMBOK)
- Agile Methodology
- Human Centered Design
- Organizational Change Management
- Value Realization
- Enterprise Architecture
- Quality Assurance
- Flexibility to work between 20 and 40 hrs a week during the specified timeframe as content is curated and submitted