Location: San Francisco, CA
Duration: 6 months with the potential to extend
The purpose of this position is to support the travel services of the Wikimedia Foundation. This position resides on the Administration team and will report directly to the Travel Manager who reports to the Director of Administration. This role is for the administrative professional who can build positive relationships and service delivery by being able to prioritize, hold confidentiality, exercise professional judgement, anticipate needs and deliver professional communications and support with accuracy and confidence. This person must be able to learn new software as well as bring problem solving and a ‘can-do’ attitude to the job. This role will work across time zones in a global environment. The right person will learn and exercise good judgement, have creative problem solving skills. They will have the ability to adjust to differing styles, together with a desire and commitment to learn and work with a small collaborative team that takes pride and joy in providing excellent travel services.
You are responsible for:
- Provide administrative/travel support for group travel services within travel department.
- Provide administrative solutions, employ direct communication and quality support at all times
- Create and manage org-wide spreadsheets with accuracy and within deadlines
- Learn and follow contract workflow process using organizational tracking software
- Work within a values-based organization committed to prudent passionate organizational goals
- Schedule and assist initial planning meeting with the group lead
- Assist the identified department leads to solicit onsite logistics, support guidelines and ensure they are aligned with contractual obligations.
- Provide research and sourcing assistance for hotels and venues worldwide
- Prepare group travel cost estimates
- Learn and edit the group travel documentation pages on the office wiki
- Track group approval status, including changes to ensure compliance with accounting requirements.
- Communicate travel booking deadlines/offsite information to staff and volunteer attendees.
- Prepare rooming lists, communicate and track changes with hotels
- Prepare and publish group travel manifests
- Review, reconcile and route hotel/venue invoices.
- Track/follow up on deposits/payments with contracted venues and hotels
- Assist in tracking and reporting group travel metrics.
- Assist in creating offsite/group attendee surveys for both staff and volunteers.
- Special projects as assigned in relation to travel services
Skills and Experience:
- 2-5 years of administrative support with increasing responsibility
- Demonstrated technical aptitude and savvy, ability to adjust, learn and use new and different software to deliver on a variety of support responsibilities
- Professional writing and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability in planning and organizing information
- Ability to learn new tracking and wiki publishing software
- Demonstrated ability in anticipating needs and providing solutions in administrative and logistical setting
- Experience and flexibility to work with all levels of staff including a wide range of diversity and talent
- Ability to learn, adapt and thrive in changing, responsive service environment
- Desire to produce quality work in a service-oriented environment with passionate staff and community
Qualities that are important to us:
- Demonstrated professional communication and ability to learn and take instruction on learning travel for individuals, and groups
- Proficient with Google or Excel spreadsheets, with a desire to learn intermediate features
- Demonstrated administrative support for mid to large company or organization
- Experience with detail and accuracy inherent in performing and supporting travel services
- Accounting and reconciliation experience
Additionally, we’d love it if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree or vocational experience for role and position
- Experience with booking airfare, hotels
- Experience in event planning
- Personal or professional international travel experience
- Working in a technical organization in operational, administrative and service positions
- International time zone and virtual community experience
- Some fluency in languages other than English
The Wikimedia Foundation is...
...the nonprofit organization that hosts and operates Wikipedia and the other Wikimedia free knowledge projects. Our vision is a world in which every single human can freely share in the sum of all knowledge. We believe that everyone has the potential to contribute something to our shared knowledge, and that everyone should be able to access that knowledge, free of interference. We host the Wikimedia projects, build software experiences for reading, contributing, and sharing Wikimedia content, support the volunteer communities and partners who make Wikimedia possible, and advocate for policies that enable Wikimedia and free knowledge to thrive. The Wikimedia Foundation is a charitable, not-for-profit organization that relies on donations. We receive financial support from millions of individuals around the world, with an average donation of about $15. We also receive donations through institutional grants and gifts. The Wikimedia Foundation is a United States 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization with offices in San Francisco, California, USA.
The Wikimedia Foundation is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage people with a diverse range of backgrounds to apply.
Wikimedia Medium Term Plan
Diversity and inclusion information for Wikimedia workers, by the numbers
Annual Report - 2017