Great Minds, a rapidly growing challenger brand in the PK-12 instructional materials space, seeks an experienced Vendor Manager.
Great Minds brings teachers and scholars together to craft exemplary instructional materials that inspire joy in teaching and learning. Our English curriculum, Wit & Wisdom®, Eureka Math™ and PhD Science™, all support teachers as they take students beyond rote learning to provide a deeper, more complete understanding of the humanities, mathematics, and the sciences. Founded in 2007, Great Minds now employs almost 600 people.
For additional information please visit: www.greatminds.org.
OUR MARKET POSITION
Great Minds’ Eureka Math is the most widely used curriculum in the history of American education. It enjoys an unrivaled 40+ net promoter score. Eureka and its sister products, Wit & Wisdom English and PhD Science, embrace much higher expectations for all students and all teachers. In a market dominated by scripted, procedural materials that drive expectations down, Great Minds produces curricula that celebrate knowledge, respect the craft of teaching, and acknowledge the true capabilities of students.
- Manage current vendors capabilities, business requirements, overall performance and continually identify cost and services improvement opportunities.
- Develop a vendor rationalization plan and strategy to optimize all vendors, which may include quality, capacity, systems, and responsiveness.
- Create, maintain, and develop relationships within the vendor community.
- Liaison for the organization in coordinating vendors.
- Manage and monitor performance and develop analytical and financial reporting of vendors including routine scorecards of agreed upon KPI’s.
- Establish goals and priorities of the vendor management operation that ensure operational integrity, including compliance with all policies and procedures.
- Negotiate continued cost reduction from the entire vendor base, managing risks such as financial viability, company, and regulatory compliance, and business continuity.
- Evaluate and develop procedures and facilitate the timely resolution of issues arising with a vendor or within Great Minds.
- Work with internal stakeholders and outsourcing partners to identify bottlenecks and drive solutions.
- Establish process improvements for vendor and Great Minds interactions.
- Continually challenge vendors to achieve exceptional levels of performance.
- Research and resolve disputes with vendors and participate in the development of corrective action plans for when standards are not met by the vendor.
- 7-10 years of comparable work experience in operations to include vendor management / outsourcing / procurement and contract negotiations.
- A strong background in travel management and hospitality is required.
- Demonstrated experience managing large scale, enterprise supplier relationships from a contracting, sourcing and ongoing risk management perspective.
- Working knowledge in applicable IT/Accounting concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Experience working with multiple vendors and suppliers to negotiate and administer various types of contracts.
- Outstanding computer skills a must, specifically with spreadsheets, word processing, and databases, as well as strong business solutions software skills.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to multi-task, nimbleness and highly functional within a team environment.
- Some travel required – must have reliable transportation and ability to conduct audits.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management or related field and or relevant experience required.