Okta is seeking a VP of product management to help lead a large part of the core Okta product. Okta is experiencing tremendous growth, and this is an opportunity for a strong product management leader to take the product and team to the next level and accelerate growth even further. This is a critical role for the company.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Define product strategy for Okta’s core product portfolio
- Define roadmap and prioritize, launch and grow product area based on market evolution, customer needs
- Support team in defining and executing to launch functional specs
- Manage a team of product managers
- Responsible for the entire product life cycle from concept to delivery - collaborating with Marketing, Finance, Sales, Legal, Program Management, UX, Engineering, DevOps and Support
- Understand the technical requirements of our customers and work closely with the internal development teams to guide the direction of our product offerings.
- 15+ years experience
- Startup / fast growing company experience
- Security experience is a nice to have, not a must
- Credibility and presence necessary to contribute as an executive
- Has built and shipped successful SaaS products to enterprise
- Holistic view of business and comfortable owning product market analysis, customer segmentation, product positioning
- Ability to infer product strategy from a market strategy; gathering and prioritizing product requirements, driving product planning through research and customer feedback, and performing competitive and market problem requirement analysis
- Strong understanding of how technical components impact product development and trade-offs within; must bring a philosophy around product trade offs and prioritization based on solving important problems vs. chasing near-term revenue
- Possesses an approach and philosophy around building innovative products that puts solving customer problems ahead of everything
- Demonstrated ability to deliver world-class products through a first-class process; knows what excellence and quality look like and how to make it happen
- Has a track record of building, leading, developing and retaining a great product team.
- Ability to work effectively in a nimble environment while scaling the business and organization
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.