At Airtable, our mission is to democratize software creation. When groups of people are empowered by great software, they can accomplish incredible things together. But for many people, they don’t have access to perfect software: Off-the-shelf solutions aren’t customized to their unique workflows, and writing new software is expensive and time-consuming.
We’re working on a new way: Any person, no matter their technical ability, can create customized software to solve their exact, unique problems. We’re building towards a platform that everyone—from marketers to scientists to cattle ranchers to concert organizers—can use to build powerful, mission-critical software that accelerates their teams and businesses.
As we continue to publish our story, highlight the successes of our customers, and define Airtable as the cornerstone of the low-code movement, Airtable’s Brand Design team is looking for a Web Developer to strengthen our digital presence. We’re looking for a specialist with expertise in the unique challenges of building performant, accessible, and scalable interactive websites.
What you’ll do
- Build easy-to-use and performant websites serving multiple partners across marketing and design
- Understand the technical constraints of a project, and make pragmatic tradeoffs with stakeholders
- Contribute to and maintain our interactive design system used across all digital properties
- Participate in the full development lifecycle, including estimation, design, development, testing, and deployment
- Collaborate with our design team via regular design critiques and working sessions
- Review and respond to operational issues, escalating as necessary
Who you are
- You are a specialist in website development and understand the nuances that contribute to an interactive experience
- You have experience leading a project from start to finish
- You understand the importance of accessibility and performance, such as code minification and media optimization
- You are familiar with the Jamstack paradigm and isomorphic design
- You have proven experience with Content Management Systems
- You have previously worked with in-house design teams
- You can express ideas to both technical and non-technical individuals
- You have in-depth knowledge of design principles and best practices
- You can define and propose projects in addition to building them
- You have excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- You have demonstrated critical-thinking, decision-making, and problem-solving skills
- You are comfortable in a high-growth startup, can balance many simultaneous projects, and thrive in fast-paced environments
What we offer
- Health care: we have you 100% covered (and your dependents 50% covered) with competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance. You'll also be eligible for a complimentary membership to One Medical Group
- Learning & Development: we offer a $2,000 per year stipend for your personal career development
- Gym Membership: we’re proud to provide employees in our San Francisco and New York offices with complimentary gym memberships to Equinox, or up to $100/month reimbursement towards any other gym
- Catered lunches: we have high-quality catered lunches every day and well-stocked kitchens. We'll also reimburse you for any reasonable food expenses incurred while working
- Generous PTO, sick leave, and parental leave
Airtable's mission is to democratize software creation. We believe that software stands to be the single most impactful way anyone can bring their ideas to life, yet that few people can actually access it as a creative medium. Airtable enables everyone to experience the power of creating, not just using, software.
Headquartered in San Francisco, Airtable has raised $170M in venture funding to date, most recently a $100M Series C from Benchmark, Thrive, and Coatue.