Contentful provides content infrastructure for digital teams to power websites, apps, and devices. Unlike a CMS, Contentful was built to integrate with the modern software stack. It offers a central hub for structured content, powerful management and delivery APIs, and a customizable web app that enables developers and content creators to ship their products faster. Companies including Spotify, Red Bull, WeWork, Lyft, and Urban Outfitters rely on Contentful to manage content as part of their modern web stack.
Contentful is growing rapidly, backed by $80 million in funding from VC firms including Benchmark and General Catalyst, and strategic investors including Sapphire Ventures (SAP) and Salesforce Ventures.
We’re a fun team of more than 350 people from 70 nations, with offices in Berlin and San Francisco. Join us!
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a working student to support our legal team, specifically in legal team tasks related to contract management and in reviewing standard agreements such as non-disclosure and data processing agreements. You will also work closely with other teams such as the security and IT teams. This role is based in Berlin, offering 20 hours per week and is perfect to complement your related field of studies. You will thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth environment where you will be able to gain experience in working in an international legal team.
- You will contribute to our contract management function by ensuring correct approval and signing processes are followed. You will independently organize contract signatures and related administrative tasks such as filing contracts. You can contribute to improving Contentful’s contract management practices.
- You will work together with and support our Legal Counsels and IT and Security teams, working cross-functionally.
- You will support our ISO 27001 information security compliance by compiling, documenting and maintaining information security and data protection practices and related documentation.
- You will support our privacy (GDPR/DSGVO) compliance for example by ensuring necessary documentation is produced and processes are followed.
- You will conduct independent legal research of new laws, regulations and guidelines.
- You may participate in drafting and negotiating standard contracts, supporting and learning from our Legal Counsels
- You are an enrolled law student at a German University with focus studies and/or genuine interest in start ups and technology, preferably in your 5th semester or higher or you are studying for your Master’s degree in law. You may also be a business student with studies in relevant fields of, and interest in, law.
- Basic knowledge and previous experience in privacy and data protection and contract law would be advantageous.
- Previous experience as a working student or intern in a legal department and/or start up is considered a strong plus.
- You have a keen interest in IT systems and cloud services.
- You have strong administration skills, you are detail-oriented and a fast learner with good communication skills.
- You are a team player but you can also work independently.
- You have excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written
If this sounds like you, let us know by sending over an updated CV and cover letter that provides insight about your experience.
- Join an innovative tech company as we help drive the evolution of digital experiences to become ever-more ubiquitous and interactive. Be a part of helping companies build modern architectures for mission-critical applications
- Shape the future of Contentful: help us establish, scale, and improve our team's processes
- Be set up for success, equipped with the latest and greatest hardware
- Hang-out in one of our many shared spaces, playing games with colleagues or enjoying a full range of events, including workshops, on-site meetups, guest speakers, and fun events for the company and each team.
- Sharpen your PlayStation, ping pong, and kicker/fußball skills during breaks in the day
- As much artisan coffee as you can handle
- Brush up your language skills! Our team speaks more than 20 languages, and we offer free German classes
- Take a break and pat a pup, we are a dog-friendly office
- Plus, Contentful socks, oh yeah!
“Variety is the spice of life” — and a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer: all qualified applicants are considered for positions regardless of race, ethnic origin, gender, age, religion or belief, marital status, gender identification, sexual orientation, or disability. We look forward to your application!