Contentful provides content infrastructure for digital teams to power websites, apps, and devices. Unlike a CMS, Contentful was built to integrate with the modern software stack. It offers a central hub for structured content, powerful management and delivery APIs, and a customizable web app that enables developers and content creators to ship their products faster. Companies including Spotify, Red Bull, WeWork, Lyft, and Urban Outfitters rely on Contentful to manage content as part of their modern web stack.
Contentful is growing rapidly, backed by $80 million in funding from VC firms including Benchmark and General Catalyst, and strategic investors including Sapphire Ventures (SAP) and Salesforce Ventures.
We’re a fun team of more than 200 people from 44 nations, with offices in Berlin and San Francisco. Join us!
ABOUT THE ROLE
As part of our Marketing Communications team, you will be focused on day-to-day operations of Contentful social media channels: creating new content, editing and approving content submitted by internal stakeholders, monitoring Contentful social channels, responding as needed. In some cases attending events and providing live coverage/photos.
- Logistics: inputting social media posts & assets into Buffer
- Coordination: the most successful person in this role will collaborate broadly across the organization to understand the social media needs of various teams and departments, and help these teams create social promotions in a timely way
- Visuals: work with the design team to select and appropriately size images, video, gifs, etc, that create stronger social interest. Recommend, for example, a blog pull-quote is integrated with a blog header design.
- Listening: Collaborate with the marketing communications manager to (1) identify trends in the Contentful community to inform future blog posts (2) identify significant conversations on social where we should take part (3) monitor competitor activity (4) monitor customer activity for opportunities to celebrate their digital experience milestones.
- Tagging: develop a tagging strategy (in collaboration with marcoms manager) appropriate to each social channel and add tags to posts as appropriate.
- Copyediting: editing posts and other documents for style, grammar and typos
- Interest in and experience with social media are a must.
- Exceptional native-level English writing skills with a strong knowledge of grammar and style and excellent editing skills.
- You have the ability to receive and thoughtfully consider feedback.
- Excel at working within and across teams, quickly building relationships and understanding what’s going on across the company.
- Eager to learn about tech writing, agile processes and marketing to developers.
- Detailed and organized: no misplaced comma or mis-tagged account can escape your notice, and you’re quick to develop a system to simultaneously manage a few projects at the same time.
- Experience with SEO and writing for the web
- Education in journalism, communication, English, marketing or related fields
- Join an innovative tech company as we help drive the evolution of digital experiences to become ever-more ubiquitous and interactive. Be a part of helping companies build modern architectures for mission-critical applications
- Shape the future of Contentful: help us establish, scale, and improve our team's processes
- Be set up for success, equipped with the latest and greatest hardware
- Hang-out in one of our many shared spaces, playing games with colleagues or enjoying a full range of events, including workshops, on-site meetups, guest speakers, and fun events for the company and each team.
- Sharpen your PlayStation, ping pong, and kicker/fußball skills during breaks in the day
- As much artisan coffee as you can handle
- Brush up your language skills! Our team speaks more than 20 languages, and we offer free German classes
- Take a break and pat a pup, we are a dog-friendly office
- Plus, Contentful socks, oh yeah!
“Variety is the spice of life” — and a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer: all qualified applicants are considered for positions regardless of race, ethnic origin, gender, age, religion or belief, marital status, gender identification, sexual orientation, or disability. We look forward to your application!